A trove of economic data released Friday provides the latest evidence that price pressures are easing across the U.S. economy.
The personal consumption expenditures (PCE) index rose 3 percent from June 2022 to June 2023, down from a 3.8 percent annual increase in May, the Commerce Department announced.
Core PCE, which excludes more volatile food and energy costs, cooled from 4.6 percent year-over-year in May to 4.1 percent in June.
“Today’s PCE, the [Federal Reserve] preferred measure of inflation, came in softer than expected to top off a full week chock full of economic data that all points to a higher probability of a soft landing,” said Gina Bolvin, president of Bolvin Wealth Management Group.
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell attends a meeting at the Spain’s Central Bank in Madrid, Spain, Thursday, June 29, 2023. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell says the central bank may have to tighten its oversight of the American financial system after the failure of three large U.S. banks this spring. (AP Photo/Manu Fernandez)
U.S. labor costs also rose 1 percent from the first to the second quarter of 2023, slightly down from a 1.2 percent increase the previous quarter, according to new employment cost index (ECI) data released by the Department of Labor on Friday.
Total compensation for civilian and private industry workers was up 4.5 percent over the past year, a step down from 4.8 percent annual rate reported at the end of the first quarter. State and local government workers’ compensation stayed steady at 4.9 percent annually at the end of the first and second quarters.
As the Fed weighs whether to raise interest rates again at its September meeting, Federal Reserve Board Chairman Jerome Powell told reporters Wednesday it would be watching a number of indicators, including PCE and employment cost data.
“People are getting hired, many people are going back to work, getting wages, spending money, and that’s really what’s driving the economy, but that is gradually slowing,” Powell said on Wednesday. “That’s a good prescription for getting where we want to get.”
The Fed raised interest rates again on Wednesday to their highest level in 22 years, its 11th increase since March 2022, as it aims to bring inflation down to the target rate of 2 percent.
Inflation, which peaked at 9.1 percent year-over-year last June, cooled to 3 percent according to the June 2023 consumer price index (CPI) released by the Labor Department earlier this month.
Powell told reporters on Wednesday that while the June CPI data was a welcome sign, it was just one report for one month and indicated he’s not ready to change course just yet.
“Inflation has moderated somewhat since the middle of last year. Nonetheless, the process of getting inflation back down to 2 percent has a long way to go,” Powell said.
Business, News, Commerce Department, federal reserve, inflation, Jerome Powell, Labor Department A trove of economic data released Friday provides the latest evidence that price pressures are easing across the U.S. economy. The personal consumption expenditures (PCE) index rose 3 percent from June 2022 to June 2023, down from a 3.8 percent annual increase in May, the Commerce Department announced. Core PCE, which excludes more volatile food…
Roselyn Omaka Leads Sinc Healthcare’s Nationwide Expansion in Remote Patient Monitoring
Sinc Healthcare, a leader in the realm of remote patient monitoring and a sister company to UPL Care, is proud to announce Roselyn Omaka’s addition to their executive team. This significant move marks the expansion of Sinc Healthcare’s innovative Medicare-compliant services across all 50 states in the United States, underlining the company’s commitment to nationwide healthcare improvement.
With Omaka’s expertise, Sinc Healthcare is poised to extend its reach, offering cutting-edge remote patient monitoring services to healthcare providers and patients across the entire country. This expansion ensures that
no matter where patients are located, they have access to top-tier healthcare monitoring and support.
Omaka brings a unique blend of biochemistry knowledge and business acumen to Sinc Healthcare. Her leadership is expected to drive the company’s commitment to legal compliance, maximize reimbursements for providers, and reduce hospital readmissions, crucial in today’s healthcare landscape.
Sinc Healthcare, under Omaka’s direction, embraces the technological advancements of AI and remote patient monitoring. This approach is set to revolutionize patient care, especially for those unable to make frequent in-person visits to healthcare facilities.
The expansion of Sinc Healthcare’s services nationwide means more healthcare providers can:
- Offer enhanced patient care through remote monitoring.
- Maintain operational efficiency and compliance.
- Utilize data-driven insights for better patient outcomes.
Sinc Healthcare has been at the forefront of remote patient monitoring since 2014, with a zero lawsuit record, emphasizing its dedication to compliance and quality care. Its services are now available across all 50 states, making it a leading figure in nationwide healthcare innovation.
For additional information on Roselyn Omaka’s role and Sinc Healthcare’s expanded services, fill out this form.
Comedy Filmmaking 101: How to Master Verbal Timing
In the realm of filmmaking, every element contributes to the tapestry of your story, and among these, verbal timing stands as a powerful thread that can weave unforgettable moments into your narrative. In this comprehensive guide, we delve deep into the significance of the pause in filmmaking. Specifically, we explore how mastering the art of the pause can elicit audience reactions, enhance engagement, and immerse viewers in your storytelling.
Setting the Stage for Verbal Timing Before we dive into the nuances of the pause, it’s essential to lay a solid foundation by considering how it fits into the broader context of your film. Here’s how to prepare:
- Develop Vibrant Characters: Craft characters with distinct personalities, quirks, and dynamics to create meaningful interactions.
- Craft a Compelling Script: Your script should encompass moments of humor, drama, tension, and surprise, setting the stage for varied emotional experiences.
- Establish Pacing Rhythms: Align your pacing with the genre and overall tone of your film, ensuring a seamless flow that captivates your audience.
The Pause as a Narrative Device A well-executed pause serves as a narrative device that can be employed in various scenarios to heighten your storytelling:
- Comic Timing: In humorous scenes, a well-placed pause following a setup line amplifies the impact of the ensuing laughter.
- Dramatic Effect: During emotionally charged moments, pauses heighten tension and enable the audience to absorb the gravity of the situation.
- Suspense Building: In suspenseful or thriller genres, strategic pauses keep viewers on the edge of their seats, building anticipation.
The Emotional Pause To evoke specific emotional responses from your audience, consider these tips:
- Timing Variations: Experiment with pause lengths. A longer pause encourages deeper contemplation, while a shorter one maintains pacing.
- Character Reaction Shots: Capture character reactions after a significant line, showcasing the impact of the dialogue on the story’s emotional landscape.
- Dialogue Placement: Position critical lines just before a pause, allowing the audience to digest and react to pivotal information.
Timing for Humor In the world of comedy, timing reigns supreme. Maximize comedic impact with these insights:
- The Punchline Pause: Pause after delivering a setup to let the audience anticipate and relish the punchline.
- Timing Delivery: Practice diverse comedic delivery styles, rhythms, and pauses to identify what suits your script and characters best.
- Physical Comedy Integration: Don’t overlook the synergy between verbal timing and physical comedy, as they can enhance each other’s humorous effect.
The Unexpected Pause Surprise your audience with an unexpected pause to create memorable cinematic moments:
- Subverting Expectations: Deviate from anticipated pacing to catch viewers off guard, generating intrigue and excitement.
- Plot Twists: Before revealing a plot twist or shocking revelation, pause to amplify its impact, leaving a lasting impression.
The Power of Editing Verbal timing isn’t solely reliant on actors’ delivery during filming; the editing process plays a pivotal role:
- Adjusting Pace: Fine-tune dialogue timing in the editing room by trimming or extending pauses to achieve the desired effect.
- Sound Design: Collaborate with your sound team to enhance pauses with ambient sounds, music, or silence, further immersing the audience.
- Testing and Feedback: Seek feedback from test audiences to gauge the effectiveness of your verbal timing choices. Analyze moments where the pause successfully elicited the desired reaction and where refinements may be necessary.
Mastering verbal timing in filmmaking demands practice, creativity, and a profound understanding of storytelling. By weaving the power of the pause into your narrative, you can engage your audience emotionally, craft unforgettable comedic moments, and intensify the impact of dramatic sequences. Remember, the pause isn’t just about silence—it’s a dynamic tool that enriches your storytelling and invites the audience deeper into your cinematic world. Embrace this art, and witness your filmmaking skills flourish, leaving audiences eagerly awaiting your next project.
Check out “10 Reasons Why Promoting Your Films Through Video Marketing Is Invaluable for Attracting Investors.”
For tickets to the February 10th, 2024 Houston Comedy Film Festival and film submissions, visit our website.
10 Reasons Why Video Marketing is Essential for Your Brand’s Success
Top 10 Film Blunders: A Creator’s Guide
Current Trends in Film Production
Mastering Movies: Essential Strategies for Filmmakers
Ball pythons overrun Florida neighborhood: ‘We have found 22 in a matter of four weeks’ on August 2, 2023 at 6:02 pm
Houston’s Filmmaking Future Looks Bright: Directors and Filmmakers Shine on The Roselyn Omaka Show
- Entertainment1 week ago
“Changing Spots”: A Heartwarming Family Journey
- Entertainment1 week ago
Rosie Maddox: Rom-Com Wins with Best Screenplay!
- Advice6 days ago
5 Strategies for Consistent Color Grading in Film
- Advice1 week ago
Filmmakers Overlook These 5 Key Aspects in Post-Production
- News6 days ago
Roselyn Omaka: Leading the Laughter at Houston Comedy Film Festival
- Advice6 days ago
9 Tips for Packaging Your Movie
- Advice3 days ago
Emerging Trends in Film Technology
- News2 days ago
From Entertainment to Innovation: Nigerian Trailblazers at House of Lords